RANDOM OLDIE
RANDOM OLDIE
bleh
Podcasts

Discussions in Work In Progress

Painting, Airbrushing, Terrain and Modeling Forums
General Painting and Modeling
Work In Progress
April 2014 Paint Threat - Malifaux Executioner ...

TOPIC: April 2014 Paint Threat - Malifaux Executioner - COMPLETE!! + Bonus LM Blood Bowl Team

Listing 1 to 10 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
LaughingChicken
April 2014 Paint Threat - Malifaux Executioner - COMPLETE!! + Bonus LM Blood Bowl Team

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Tuesday April 1, 2014 10:13 PM
Looks like it's going to be a busy month at work, so I'm only aiming at getting my Executioner painted nicely and I'll add bonuses if there's time. He's already primed and pinned, and the base is primed as well.

[[Edited by LaughingChicken on Sunday April 20, 2014 7:31 PM]]

[[Edited by LaughingChicken on Tuesday April 29, 2014 12:25 AM]]
LaughingChicken
RE: April 2014 Paint Threat - Malifaux Executioner

Initative

Sunday April 20, 2014 7:30 PM
I managed to get a few hours on the end of a brush over the past week so I managed to get the Executioner finished!

Here are the WIPS:

Basecoat w/ Panzer Aces Shadows Flesh

Bringing flesh up through Panzer Aces Flesh Base and Highlights Flesh (didn't go to straight highlights flesh - thought it would look to pale/clean). He's looking pretty grubby right now, but I took some time later and smoothed him out.

Put in the black (VMC) on his cowl, pants and over anything metal. Boots & leather were painted VMC goldbrown and shinguards VMC Hull Red

At this point, I cleaned up the flesh a bit, painted the metal w/ a mix of VMC black and VMA Gungrey, and gave the boots a wash with VGC Sepia wash.

Highlighted metal with mix of VMA Gungrey and VMA Steel up to straight VMA Steel on the edges

Highlighted boots a little bit and attached the second claw. Played around with some pigments to show some soot build up on his shoulders from the little engine on his back, pretty happy with the results (although they're showing up pretty lightly in the pic)- At this point, the Executioner himself is finished!

The base was pretty straightforward. Played with the pigments quite a bit to get the ground looking right. Once I was happy and the pigments were sealed, I added some clump foliage. A couple quick touch-ups/highlights and the base was done.

Put the Executioner on his base, and he's finished!

Hopefully I'll have some time to get in another bit of painting before the end of the month
#13864 (Reply to #13506)
Sarge

Initative

Sunday April 20, 2014 9:42 PM
Congrats on the finish, The figure looks great. One question, how did you smooth out the flesh?
Sarge
"If you ain't CAV, you ain't!!"
#13865 (Reply to #13864)
LaughingChicken

Initative

Monday April 21, 2014 10:48 AM
The skin was looking pretty blotchy (as you can see from the WIPs). I just went back over (and over, and over...) with a really thinned down Flesh Base on the most prominent areas then mixed in a little highlights flesh and went over it (and over and over...) for the highlight.

My painting station is in the basement and I was working right under the heat register when I first started the executioner (and it's been cold) so I think that caused the paint to dry to quickly

I've since installed a register that I can close when I'm painting.
#13868 (Reply to #13865)
MikusMaximus

Initative

Monday April 21, 2014 10:51 AM
Turned out really well. nice work!
#13869 (Reply to #13868)
neojarlaxe

Initative

Tuesday April 22, 2014 3:50 AM
Good work, and congratulations for finishing.
#13878 (Reply to #13869)
Maximusminimus

Initative

Saturday April 26, 2014 6:18 PM
Looks great, love that mini!
#13949 (Reply to #13864)
COURAGEnHONOUR

Initative

Saturday April 26, 2014 8:52 PM
Excellent work on the flesh. Good Job on all fronts.

We can seldom get our children to do what we tell them, but they almost never fail to imitate us.
#13957 (Reply to #13949)
LaughingChicken

Initative

Tuesday April 29, 2014 12:24 AM
Went looking for something for a bonus that wasn't Malifaux and found my Lizardmen Blood Bowl team that's been waiting for some paint for a LONG time. So here they are in their newly painted glory.

Primed

Basecoat

Sepia wash, red basecoat on armour

Magically finished Sorry got involved and forgot to keep taking pics

Skink

Saurus

Kroxigor

Team Photo

Nothing too fancy, but they look WAY better on the Blood Bowl pitch now
#14004 (Reply to #13957)
neojarlaxe

Initative

Tuesday April 29, 2014 2:37 AM
Very nice bonus.
#14009 (Reply to #14004)

Listing 1 to 10 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.