RANDOM OLDIE
RANDOM OLDIE
bleh
Podcasts

Discussions in Work In Progress

Painting, Airbrushing, Terrain and Modeling Forums
General Painting and Modeling
Work In Progress
Paint Threat February 2015- K-Lineville o scale...

TOPIC: Paint Threat February 2015- K-Lineville o scale church

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1
Bureaucrat
Paint Threat February 2015- K-Lineville o scale church

Initative
RK: 1
MP: 0

MAIL USER ADD USER TO FRIENDS LIST
Saturday February 7, 2015 1:53 PM
As the continuing attempt at fulfilling my new years resolution of at least attempting a monthly paint threat every month, I am going to try something new.
Terrain!
A few months ago I picked up a great O-scale church at the local train shop for 10 bucks.
I hope to finish that this month, finish last months threat, and maybe get some more bits of scatter terrain done as well.
Pics once I get the church cleaned up a bit.
Bureaucrat
RE: Paint Threat February 2015- K-Lineville o scale church

Initative

Sunday February 15, 2015 11:30 PM
So here is the church as it stands now, all fully constructed and with some of the seams patched up to look a bit better.

Planning to do a classic white church, however I was going to make it look abandoned or at least neglected so I was going to go for a peeling paint look. still trying to figure out what to do about the columns and the upper facade portion that don't obviously look wood. I may undercoat with a concrete grey, and either salt chip or maybe just paint it an off white and weather the hell out of it.

#16037 (Reply to #16023)
Deblette666

Initative

Monday February 16, 2015 11:29 PM
It looks really nice Can't wait to see paint on that
#16039 (Reply to #16037)
Bureaucrat

Initative

Friday February 27, 2015 12:08 AM
Made a fair bit of progress, but doesn't look like I will be able to finish this on time either. I planned on having a nice long weekend to get this finished, but family stuff came up and I will be traveling a fair bit this weekend.

sniveling aside, here is my progress thus far.

Da roof

Basically, black primer and a mottled coat of vallejo somber grey which has a nice blueish tint to it.

Steeple.

grey primer, then ivory. I plan to do the top in a weathered brass with ver de gris.

Church.

minitair rotten wood, then ghost tint brown lightly, went back over lightly with minitaire bark, then a filter of secret weapon concrete wash.

The plan......
matte varnish the wood parts, then hit with AK interactive heavy chipping, coat whole church in ivory, chip away at wood parts, weather the rest.
I may still get this done by the weekend, but February being a short month kind of killed me here.

I did however get to the last phase of my partisans from last month though, so I did get other things done.
#16045 (Reply to #16039)
Bureaucrat

Initative

Friday March 20, 2015 9:31 PM
Well, I have still been working on it.
Finally got the base coating done, then tried out some AK interactive chipping fluid.

#16068 (Reply to #16045)
dhstarwars

Initative

Saturday March 21, 2015 11:24 AM
I need to get some of that AK chipping fluid... soon...Khrone limited edition codex cut that off as of yesterday... looking good...please post more transitions and anything you can do for tips in it's use! peace
#16070 (Reply to #16068)
Bureaucrat

Initative

Sunday March 22, 2015 1:57 AM
I can do a mini step by step of sorts.

first of all, paint the base layer. This will be basically what you want to have revealed. For vehicles that would be rust or steel, for this church, weathered wood.
Basically this was minitair rotten wood, then minitair bark, and a few layers of secret weapon concrete wash to tone it down. Then you throw on a good layer of matte varnish.

Step 2: put 2-3 layers of ak interactive chipping fluid through a airbrush. I have heard you can brush it on, but I used a airbrush for this.

Step 3: paint on the outer layer. For this example, I used ivory in a couple of layers to get good coverage.

Step 4: I put some water in the airbrush and went over the walls of the church and let sit for a few seconds. I then took a toothbrush to the exterior and when I needed, I dipped it into some water to help further loosen the paint. You can use any stiff bristled brush to do this. Light brushing will wear the paint thin, further scrubbing will actually take the paint totally off. Leaving it alone will cause the moistened sections to bubble which also looks really good.

went a touch overboard on this side, but it still came out well.

What I noticed:
If you use a bit too much water, you turn the outside layer into a wash almost, so I used a bit of paper towel to mop up a bit. The white added a good filter though to further tone down the brown of the wood which made it look even more weathered which worked.
I always brushed in the same direction in line with the wood planks which is how paint normally seems to chip on worn buildings. I also noticed that little chunks of paint seemed to get stuck in corners and while I could have carefully removed it, I thought it added to the peeling paint look so I kept it.

In the end, I put on a layer of Matte varnish again to make it to where I can keep weathering without further chipping stuff away.
I really really like this stuff. It makes chipping really easy and the effect of it is just fantastic.
One day I will use this on a vehicle if I want to go for a really weathered vehicle.
#16071 (Reply to #16070)

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1

Looking for affordable and stylish timepieces? Look no further than AAA watches! When it comes to cheap watches, they have an impressive selection that won't break the bank. Whether you prefer classic designs or more contemporary styles, AAAwatches offers a variety of options to suit your taste and budget. With their competitive prices and reliable quality, you can find the perfect wristwatch without emptying your wallet. Don't compromise on style – explore the fantastic range of cheap watches at shop here today and elevate your accessory game without spending a fortune!

Shoes are an essential part of our daily lives. Whether for comfort, style, or functionality, they play a significant role. When it comes to finding the perfect pair, yeezy is your go-to destination. At yeezy, you can explore a vast collection of shoes that cater to various tastes and preferences. From athletic sneakers to elegant dress shoes, they have it all. The convenience of online shopping on jordans makes the quest for the ideal shoes effortless. With numerous brands and styles available, you'll undoubtedly find the right pair to complement your outfit or support your active lifestyle. Don't underestimate the power of well-chosen shoes; they can make a world of difference in your daily comfort and fashion.

nfl jersey is an online store that offers jerseys, a dream come true for NFL fans. Whether you support any team, NHL jersey has a wide range of NFL Jerseys for you to choose from. The MLB jerseys here are not only of excellent quality but also affordably priced. Whether you're wearing them to support your favorite team or for a weekend game, nba jerseys is your first choice. Furthermore, nba jersey provides various sizes and styles to meet the needs of different fans. Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned fan, nfl jerseys is the perfect place to purchase your NFL Jerseys. Boost your team spirit and visit nfl jerseys to shop for your NFL Jerseys! If you're looking for high-quality NFL Jerseys, then NFL jerseys is your best choice. At nfl jerseys, we offer official jerseys for various NFL teams. No matter which team you support, you can find the right jersey on our website. Our NFL Jerseys are made from the finest materials to ensure comfort and durability. Whether you're a dedicated fan or looking for the perfect gift, nfl jerseys majestic has got you covered. Explore our website to discover a variety of styles and sizes to meet your needs. Whether you're buying for yourself or selecting a gift for a friend, nfl jerseys is your top destination for purchasing NFL Jerseys.