Discussions in Work In Progress
| Painting, Airbrushing, Terrain and Modeling Forums
General Painting and Modeling
Work In Progress
Monthly Paint Challenge - April 2015
Listing 1 to 1 of 1 Replies
|blackblade68||Monthly Paint Challenge - April 2015|
May 7, 2013
Thursday April 2, 2015 9:40 AMBorrowing an idea from the Privateer Press forums, and the-Waaagh.com forums, we're now doing a regular monthly painting challenge. I am officially administering it, and occasionally participating in it. The idea is, you make a promise to paint and/or build a given number of models at the beginning of the month, and then report back both on your progress and if and when you manage to complete it. We're going to call this your "Painting Threat" --just don't make it a bluff!
So here we go...
The Ground Rules:
1. Painting threats will be frozen 10 days after the start of the challenge. There is no changing of *any* threat after day 10. Say what you'll paint, then paint what you say. If you don't already own the models you want to paint, I suggest not making the threat until you do. Painting Threats aren't accepted after the 10th and they can not be changed once made.
2. When you finish your threat you will be rewarded with member points and the Threat accomplishment badge for that month. You can then go on to add Bonus Threats and look really impressive. However, you can not be awarded before the locking of the Threats on the 10th. Any additions to your threat made before the 10th go onto your initial threat and will not count as Bonus Threats.
3. This is more of a request than a rule. *Please* post work in progress pics if you possibly can. One of the best things about the thread is watching stuff come together. It's perfectly fine if you don't post any photos, however. Feel free to make separate posts, and then link into this thread so that others can comment directly in your own thread.
4. We need to know unit sizes when you post your Painting Threat. Or if you're painting several single models, we need to know the name of each.
5. All images/updates must be posted no later than the last day of the month 11:59 PDT.
6. Post all Threats and Completed challenges in the original Threat post. We don't want anyone left out if there is a prize drawing.
Q: What can I paint?
A: Anything and everything! We at the WGC want to see EVERYTHING. We love new models, old models, models that have been sitting on the shelf. If you paint it, we want to see it!
Q: I need to change my Painting Threat!
A: You have until Day 10 of the month.
Q: What if I don't have a camera?
A: With the advent of smart phones, web cams, etc... there really shouldn't be any of those kind of excuses.
Q: Will you do one of these every month?
A: That's the goal... We'll do one of these close to the beginning of every month.
Q: Hey, what if we finish our vow but decide to paint more?
A: Paint away! If you mean, can you get a head start on next month, I guess so. But it's kind of weedy to make a painting threat with a 75% painted unit at the start of the month.
Q. I've not made my threats for the past two months, should I still enter?
A. You bet! The idea behind a painting threat is to develop some discipline as to what you're going to build or paint. Part of the challenge is to learn what you can complete within a given month, and what you can't. If you find you're not making your threat for the month, then reduce the size of it. Don't bite off more than you can chew... take it in smaller chunks. If you manage to finish your threat early, then get working on the next lot!
Q. What if I get my threat done early?
A: Well, if you get it done early, you can try to make a Bonus Threat where you can add an additional threat only after the existing work is completed. No bonus prizes, but you will get the respect of everybody. Additionally, this can be a way to make sure you don't over-threaten earlier in the month.
Q. Can staff join this?
Q: How to Start?
A: To begin, start a new thread in this forum (the Work in Progress forum) and subject it: PAINT THREAT MONTH YEAR - NAME OF MODEL(s). So if it's for August 2013, it'll be "Paint Threat December 2013 - Terminator Squad". Then just use that thread as your monthly "entry" and declare any bonus or changes in the thread.
Start your post about what you're going to paint and go for it!
((((( If I have missed your name in the Threats section below, PLEASE message blackblade68. He'll fix it!)))))
|» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «|
Listing 1 to 1 of 1 Replies